Curious about how to travel from Singapore to the coastal town of Mersing, the gateway to Tioman?
Wondering about immigration procedures and what the best transport options are?
Look no further!
In this article, we’ll explore various ways to travel from Singapore to Mersing and help you choose the option that’ll make your journey a breeze.
Once you’re done reading this article, we guarantee you’ll be able to travel confidently from Singapore to Mersing as if you’ve been doing it your whole life!
1. Private Taxi From Singapore To Mersing (The Most Convenient Way)
Travelling by private taxi guarantees a comfortable and hassle-free journey from Singapore to Mersing.
With the added perk of door-to-door pick-up at your preferred time and the convenience of the driver handling the immigration process, you’ll be able to sit back and relax the entire journey.
To enjoy the benefits of travelling by private taxi, follow these steps:
Step 1: Send in your trip details to TaxitoJB for a private taxi price offer.
Step 2: Receive confirmation via WhatsApp.
Step 3: Meet your driver and enjoy a comfortable journey from Singapore to Mersing.
Reason Travel From Singapore To Mersing By Private Taxi
- Flexible scheduled pick-up from anywhere in Singapore.
- TaxitoJB’s drivers are reliable, punctual and experienced.
- Avoid the stress of self-driving and navigation.
- Remain seated comfortably in the vehicle at immigration checks.
- A convenient way to travel for families with elderly and children.
- TaxitoJB has excellent customer reviews and feedback.
Also Read: How To Go To Tioman From Singapore
Reminders And Tips:
- It is recommended that you book your TaxitoJB private taxi at least 2 days in advance.
- Ensure your passport has a minimum of 6 months validity before traveling.
- Be punctual to avoid any delays.
1. What is the cost of a private taxi between Singapore and Mersing/Mersing Jetty?
A one-way private taxi transfer with TaxitoJB from Singapore to Mersing / Mersing Jetty starts from SGD$230 per vehicle.
2. What types of vehicles are available for private taxi transfers between Singapore and Mersing?
TaxitoJB’s fleet of vehicles includes the Toyota Alphard, Toyota Innova and Hyundai Starex.
3. When should I make a reservation for a private taxi from Singapore to Mersing?
It is advisable to make your private taxi reservation with TaxitoJB at least 2 days in advance.
4. When is the payment due for a private taxi service from Singapore to Mersing?
You can make payment for the private taxi service directly to the driver when you arrive at your destination.
Also Read: How To Go To Malacca From Singapore
2. Bus From Singapore To Mersing
Taking a bus/coach from Singapore to Mersing is a budget-friendly and convenient choice for those who do not mind long queues and crowds.
With comfortable buses and relatively frequent departures, you can travel from Singapore to Mersing while enjoying scenic views along the way.
Also Read: How To Travel From Singapore To Malaysia
To take a bus from Singapore to Mersing, follow these steps:
Step 1: Purchase your bus ticket to Mersing from Singapore through Easybook.
|Bus Operator||Pick Up Point||Drop Off Point||Bus Schedule||Ticket Price|
|Handal Indah/Causeway Link||Jurong East / Queen Street Bus Terminal||Mersing Jetty / Mersing Bus Terminal||Fridays & Saturdays ONLYFirst Bus: 5:45AM
Last Bus: 6:15AM
|Diamond Coach||Serangoon Nex MRT Station Exit E / Woodlands / The Plaza / Novena Square||Mersing Jetty||DailyFirst Bus: 5:45AM
Last Bus: 6:45AM
|KKKL Singapore||Kovan Hub 206 / Katong V Mall / Bugis MRT Exit D||Mersing Jetty / Mersing Bus Terminal||DailyFirst Bus: 6:00AM
Last Bus: 10:30PM
Step 2: Make your way to the designated pick-up location.
Step 3: Hop on the bus that will take you to Woodlands Checkpoint for immigration clearance.
Step 4: Once cleared, reboard the bus to continue the journey from Woodlands Checkpoint to JB Checkpoint.
Step 5: Undergo passport and visa checks at JB Checkpoint.
Step 6: Finally, board the bus that will transport you to either Mersing Jetty or Mersing Bus Terminal.
Reason Travel From Singapore To Mersing
- Cheapest way to travel from Singapore to Mersing.
- Frequent departures providing flexibility in planning your trip.
- Most bus operators offer comfortable seating, air conditioning, and onboard amenities.
Reminders And Tips:
- Ensure your passport has a validity of at least 6 months.
- Book your tickets in advance to secure your seat.
- Arrive at the designated departure point early to avoid any last-minute rush.
- Consider bringing entertainment such as books and electronic devices to keep yourself occupied during the journey.
- Bring a jacket as it can get quite cold in the air-conditioned bus/coach!
Procedure For Crossing The Singapore-Malaysia Border If You Travel By Bus
- Head to the designated pick-up point (see table above) and board the bus.
- Upon arrival at Woodlands Checkpoint, hop off the bus for immigration clearance.
- After clearing Singapore immigration, reboard the bus that will take you to Johor Bahru Checkpoint.
- Once you reach Johor Bahru Checkpoint, disembark from the bus and proceed to immigration for entry clearance.
- Reboard the bus and resume your journey to either Mersing Jetty or Mersing Bus Terminal.
Also Read: How To Go To JB From Singapore
1. How can I book a bus ticket for travel from Singapore to Mersing?
The best way to book a bus ticket from Singapore to Mersing is to do it online via the Easybook website.
2. Which bus station in Singapore serves the route to Mersing?
When purchasing your bus ticket from Singapore to Mersing, remember to check the designated pick-up point for your chosen bus operator, as each operator departs from different bus stations such as Kovan Hub 206, Bugis MRT, Jurong East, Queen Street Bus Terminal, and more.
3. What is the approximate duration of the bus journey from Singapore to Mersing?
Depending on traffic conditions, the bus journey from Singapore to Mersing would take approximately 3.5 hours.
4. What is the fare for a bus ticket from Singapore to Mersing?
The bus fare for a one-way trip from Singapore to Mersing ranges from SGD$30 to SGD$39.
3. Singapore To Mersing By Car (The Self-Driving Lover’s Option)
Traveling from Singapore to Malaysia by car allows you the freedom to journey at your own pace and take breaks along the way.
However, keep in mind that driving yourself can be tiring due to possible traffic jams on the Causeway and the need to navigate unfamiliar Malaysian roads.
Also Read: How To Go To Desaru From Singapore
If you’re keen to embark on a self-driving journey from Singapore to Mersing, follow these steps:
Step 1: Obtain a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Touch n Go for your journey.
Step 2: Install the VEP-RFID Tag on your vehicle.
Step 3: Ensure that roaming services are enabled on your mobile device.
Step 4: Set navigation and drive across the Singapore-Malaysia border into Mersing.
Step 5: Park your car at one of the parking options in Mersing Jetty.
- Carpark Option 1 – Guarded car park behind the jetty (open from early morning).
- Carpark Option 2 – Car park in front of the R&R Plaza
- Carpark Option 3 – Guarded Mersing Jetty car park (open from early morning)
- Carpark Option 4 – Guarded car park for Rawa Island guests only.
Reason Travel From Singapore To Mersing By Car
- Freedom to explore attractions along the way and make spontaneous stops at your convenience.
- You can carry your belongings and travel comfortably with your own vehicle.
- You can reach destinations in and around Mersing that are not easily accessible by public transport.
- Set your own schedule and travel at your preferred pace.
Procedure For Crossing The Singapore-Malaysia Border If You Drive Your Car
- Make sure you have valid passports, VEP, and Touch N Go cards, insurance and enough petrol (at least ¾ full!)
- Choose your preferred route, either via Woodlands Checkpoint or Tuas Checkpoint.
- Follow the signage to reach the immigration checkpoint and complete the immigration process on the Singapore side.
- Drive to the Malaysian immigration checkpoint for entry clearance.
- Declare any goods or items at customs if required.
- After clearance, continue your journey to Mersing – remember to observe local traffic rules!
Also Read: How To Go To KL From Singapore
Reminders And Tips:
- Make sure you have a valid passport, Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP), Touch N Go, and all required insurance and documents.
- Ensure that your petrol is at least ¾ full.
- Check traffic conditions online before your travel.
- Make regular stops if you’re feeling tired
- Activate roaming on your mobile so you can navigate your way to Mersing
- However, if you prefer a relaxed and hassle-free travel experience without the responsibility of driving, private car transport is the perfect choice!
1. What are the parking options available at Mersing Jetty for my car?
You can park your car at either Rawa car park (typically for Pulau Rawa guests only), in front of the R&R plaza, at the Mersing Jetty car park or behind the carpark situated behind the jetty.
2. How long does it take to drive from Singapore to Mersing?
Depending on traffic conditions, it generally takes 2 hours 45 minutes to drive from Singapore to Mersing.
3. Is my car safe if parked at Mersing Jetty?
All the car parks listed above are guarded car parks, however, do park at your own risk and practice safety measures like making sure your car is locked and valuables are out of sight.
4. How much is the daily car parking fee at Mersing Jetty?
Daily car parking fees in and around Mersing Jetty range from RM15 to RM20.